Barrymore held on drink and drugs charges after car accident
Monday 28 November 2011
Entertainer Michael Barrymore has been charged with possession
of cocaine and being drunk and disorderly after an early morning
He was arrested with another man at 4.30am on Tuesday after a Citroen DS3 hit a kerb in Acton, west London.
Barrymore, 59, born Michael Parker, will appear at Ealing Magistrates Court on 7 December.
Police were unclear who was driving at the time of the incident. Both men have been bailed pending further inquiries.
Once one of Britain's highest-paid television stars, Barrymore's career foundered following the death of a man in his swimming pool in 2001.
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’