Barrymore held on drink and drugs charges after car accident
Monday 28 November 2011
Entertainer Michael Barrymore has been charged with possession
of cocaine and being drunk and disorderly after an early morning
He was arrested with another man at 4.30am on Tuesday after a Citroen DS3 hit a kerb in Acton, west London.
Barrymore, 59, born Michael Parker, will appear at Ealing Magistrates Court on 7 December.
Police were unclear who was driving at the time of the incident. Both men have been bailed pending further inquiries.
Once one of Britain's highest-paid television stars, Barrymore's career foundered following the death of a man in his swimming pool in 2001.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama