Bed-bound man jailed for murders
Saturday 16 June 2012
A Russian-born welder who appeared at the Old Bailey in a hospital bed has been jailed for at least 30 years for the murders of his ex-wife and mother-in-law.
Sergei Zolotovsky, 44, stabbed Svetlana Zolotovska, 40, and cut her throat in a park in 2010 following their divorce.
He then went to their former matrimonial home in Newham, east London, and stabbed her mother, Antonina Belska, 70, before trying to commit suicide.
Twelve days later, Zolotovsky threw himself from a prison landing and was paralysed.
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy