Bed-bound man jailed for murders
Saturday 16 June 2012
A Russian-born welder who appeared at the Old Bailey in a hospital bed has been jailed for at least 30 years for the murders of his ex-wife and mother-in-law.
Sergei Zolotovsky, 44, stabbed Svetlana Zolotovska, 40, and cut her throat in a park in 2010 following their divorce.
He then went to their former matrimonial home in Newham, east London, and stabbed her mother, Antonina Belska, 70, before trying to commit suicide.
Twelve days later, Zolotovsky threw himself from a prison landing and was paralysed.
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence