'Big Man' charged over train assault
Thursday 22 December 2011
A man has been charged by police over an alleged assault when a teenager was removed from a train by another passenger.
The incident, on an Edinburgh Waverley to Perth service on 9 December, became an internet hit after it was filmed by a passenger. It shows Sam Main, 19, being removed from the train by another passenger.
Alan Pollock, 35, referred to as "Big Man" in the clip, has been charged with assault.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- < Previous
- Next >