Bouncer 'murdered teenager'
Thursday 19 January 2012
A nightclub bouncer stabbed his cousin's pregnant girlfriend to death after raping her, a jury heard.
Nikitta Grender, 19, was less than two weeks away from giving birth. Newport Crown Court heard that she suffered a stomach wound which penetrated her unborn baby girl.
Carl Whant, 27, from Bettws, denies murder, child destruction, rape and arson. The jury heard that Ms Grender detested Mr Whant so much she avoided speaking to him.
Her remains were found in her burning flat in Newport's Broadmead estate last February.
The trial continues.
Undertaker dead hoax: WWE wrestler not 'found dead in home' as Facebook and Twitter reports
Malaysia Airlines MH370 co-pilot's phone 'was on and made contact with network tower' 30 minutes after plane turned around
Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp told athlete she 'loved him' in Valentine's Day letter
Total lunar eclipse 2014: Where can I see the blood moon? Live-streaming and more
Lunar eclipse 2014: Images of last night's spectacular 'blood moon'
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Ukip and Nigel Farage on the up over Maria Miller furore and 'Sexminster' culture
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 What's in the safe? Man live-photographs cracking of mysterious locked box on Reddit
- 5 Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline bribed doctors to boost sales, says whistleblower