Bouncer 'murdered teenager'
Thursday 19 January 2012
A nightclub bouncer stabbed his cousin's pregnant girlfriend to death after raping her, a jury heard.
Nikitta Grender, 19, was less than two weeks away from giving birth. Newport Crown Court heard that she suffered a stomach wound which penetrated her unborn baby girl.
Carl Whant, 27, from Bettws, denies murder, child destruction, rape and arson. The jury heard that Ms Grender detested Mr Whant so much she avoided speaking to him.
Her remains were found in her burning flat in Newport's Broadmead estate last February.
The trial continues.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist