Boxer Amir Khan arrested on suspicion of assaulting two teenagers
Alleged incident occurred early on Friday morning in Bolton
Former boxing champion Amir Khan was arrested in Bolton on Friday, on suspicion of assaulting two teenagers.
The 27-year-old was arrested at around 1:30am in the Greater Manchester town, following an incident in Russell Street, Heaton, when the alleged victims – both aged 19 - were on their way home from a nearby mosque.
One man allegedly suffered an injury to his cheek and the other to his leg. Neither men sustained serious injuries during the incident, police officers told the Bolton News.
A woman who did not want to be named told reporters that she heard “a lot of noise” and that there was a man on the floor.
A spokesman from Tangerine PR, which represents the Olympic silver medallist, told the newspaper: “Amir Khan was arrested on suspicion of common assault in the early hours of Friday July 4.
“Amir has since been released without charge on bail pending further enquiries. At the stage we are unable to comment further on this matter.”
Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations