Boy, 13, remanded on asylum seeker murder charge
A 13-year-old boy appeared in court today charged with the murder of an asylum seeker.
Alioune Cisse, 30, died at Newcastle General Hospital three days after he was found slumped in Hugh Gardens, Benwell, Newcastle, on February 12. He had suffered a brain injury.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared before Newcastle Magistrates' Court this morning.
Flanked by a probation officer he spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
District Judge Stephen Earl remanded him to secure local authority accommodation.
He will return to Newcastle Magistrates' Court on Tuesday April 20.
Mr Cisse, who was also known as Papa Mbaye, came to Tyneside to seek asylum from Senegal a few months ago.
Two other boys, aged 17 and 15, were previously charged with murder and remanded in custody.
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >