Boy, 15, stabbed to death over mobile

Click to follow
The Independent Online

A 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death yesterday in an attack by three youths who were apparently trying to steal his mobile phone.

A 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death yesterday in an attack by three youths who were apparently trying to steal his mobile phone.

Kieran Rodney-Davis was attacked after he went out to buy computer disks in Fulham, west London, his mother Antoinette Rodney said last night.

Mrs Rodney told of her shock at the attack which occurred just yards from where she has lived with Kieran in a council flat for the past 14 years.

"I'm waiting for him to walk through the door. I'm still in shock," Mrs Rodney, 37, said.

"He was A1, the perfect son."

Mrs Rodney said last night she could not believe that her son had been killed over a mobile phone. "They [police] just kept saying an alleged robbery, he's got a mobile telephone, he always has it with him, but no one has given it back to us. It was under £50. It was not even one you can send messages down the line on," she said.

Mrs Rodney said she had kept Kieran away from school yesterday because he had an upset stomach and his new teeth braces were hurting him.

"He was in bed all day. He said he was fed up and got dressed. He wanted some computer disks so I sent him out to get some Bonjela for his mouth and the disks," Mrs Rodney said. She believes her son had visited PC World close by and was on his way back home when attacked.

"About 20 minutes later his friend buzzed me on the intercom and said 'Kieran's round the back on the floor'.

"I thought they were mucking about. His friend said he'd gone in the ambulance and had all blood on him. That's when I got scared. I knew it was going to be critical."

Mrs Rodney returned home and began ringing his friends before police arrived to take her and Kieran's father, Paul Davis, to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. But their son was already dead.

Mrs Rodney. who is separated from Kieran's father, said police officers told her they thought it was a robbery.

Police said the teenager was killed after an altercation in Daisy Lane, Fulham at 2:45pm.

Three youths, all black, who were wearing balaclavas or scarves around their faces, ran from the scene, police said.

Kieran, who was also identified by police as black, was believed to be a pupil at Phoenix High School in Shepherds Bush.

The officer leading the investigation, Detective Chief Inspector Dave Little, said last night: "At this early stage we believe this may have been a robbery who turned into the tragic murder of a teenager. We have received the full assistance of the community but need further help from the public to track down those responsible."

Detectives were last night questioning a 16-year-old girl in connection with the inquiry. The girl was not arrested but was being treated as a witness, police said.