Boy, 16, in serious condition after being shot in the back in Luton
Saturday 11 May 2013
A 16-year-old boy is in a serious condition in hospital after being shot in the back.
The teenager was gunned down shortly before 4am today in Luton, Bedfordshire.
The shooting happened in Thricknells Close, Marsh Farm, and the youngster was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Armed police completed a search of the area and a cordon was set up while scenes-of-crime officers conducted a forensic examination of the scene.
A suspect was seen leaving the area at the time the shooting and he is described as white, in his mid-teens, wearing a blue top and blue denim jeans.
Detective inspector Sean Quinn, of Bedfordshire Police said: "We believe this was a targeted incident and we would urge anyone who has information about this shooting or anyone who can help identify the person seen leaving the scene to contact the police immediately.
"They can do this in complete confidence and we can reassure them that any information given will be used confidentially to trace whoever was responsible for this crime."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government