Boy, 16, in serious condition after being shot in the back in Luton
Saturday 11 May 2013
A 16-year-old boy is in a serious condition in hospital after being shot in the back.
The teenager was gunned down shortly before 4am today in Luton, Bedfordshire.
The shooting happened in Thricknells Close, Marsh Farm, and the youngster was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Armed police completed a search of the area and a cordon was set up while scenes-of-crime officers conducted a forensic examination of the scene.
A suspect was seen leaving the area at the time the shooting and he is described as white, in his mid-teens, wearing a blue top and blue denim jeans.
Detective inspector Sean Quinn, of Bedfordshire Police said: "We believe this was a targeted incident and we would urge anyone who has information about this shooting or anyone who can help identify the person seen leaving the scene to contact the police immediately.
"They can do this in complete confidence and we can reassure them that any information given will be used confidentially to trace whoever was responsible for this crime."
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup