Boy gets life for murder of teenager
Saturday 22 September 2012
A 15-year-old was given a life sentence yesterday for killing a schoolboy whose stabbing was recorded on the victim's mobile phone.
Leroy James, 14, was knifed in a park by Mustafa Gurpinar.
Gurpinar had challenged Leroy on Facebook to a fight in Ponders End, north London, in August last year. But he pulled a knife out of his pocket when the larger boy got the better of him, the Old Bailey heard. The killing was recorded on Leroy's phone by a friend.
Last month Gurpinar was found guilty of murder and of having a knife as an offensive weapon. He was ordered to serve at least 13 years.
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Queen to miss Nelson Mandela funeral over security and long-haul flight concerns
'Never a good time to increase MPs' pay': Jack Straw defends politicians' 11% pay rise in face of public outrage
The 'terrorist' and the Tories: What did Nelson Mandela really think of Margaret Thatcher?
Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >