Boy gets life for murder of teenager
Saturday 22 September 2012
A 15-year-old was given a life sentence yesterday for killing a schoolboy whose stabbing was recorded on the victim's mobile phone.
Leroy James, 14, was knifed in a park by Mustafa Gurpinar.
Gurpinar had challenged Leroy on Facebook to a fight in Ponders End, north London, in August last year. But he pulled a knife out of his pocket when the larger boy got the better of him, the Old Bailey heard. The killing was recorded on Leroy's phone by a friend.
Last month Gurpinar was found guilty of murder and of having a knife as an offensive weapon. He was ordered to serve at least 13 years.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'