Bristol youth held over 'attempted murder'
Tuesday 03 May 2011
A boy aged 17 has been arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a police officer during last week's riots in Stokes Croft, Bristol. The teenager, who cannot be named, is also suspected of violent disorder and criminal damage.
The unrest was prompted by protests against the opening of a Tesco store. More than 30 people were arrested during the disorder and in a subsequent raid on a squat.
Avon and Somerset Police said several officers suffered injuries, and required treatment after being pelted with bottles, rocks and other missiles.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'