British man charged over Facebook threat to kill 200 people in America
Saturday 09 February 2013
A 24-year-old man has been charged with threatening to kill after allegedly posting on Facebook he would kill 200 people in America.
Reece Elliott, 24, from South Shields, South Tyneside has also been charged with making malicious communications, which led to thousands of pupils staying home from school, Northumbria Police said.
According to reports, the post was made anonymously on an online memorial page, set up for a Tennessee student who died in October.
That led schools in Warren County, Tennessee, to tighten security, with limited access to premises.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats