Briton arrested after fight on flight
A UK-bound jumbo jet with 451 passengers aboard had to divert due to a disruptive passenger, it was revealed today.
The Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747 flight from Orlando, in Florida, to Manchester had to put down at Gander in Newfoundland in Canada after the incident.
A 44-year-old Briton was arrested and charged with assault, uttering threats and interfering with air crew, the Canadian authorities said.
It was thought the man had got involved in a bust-up with his wife and father-in-law and had been drinking.
Virgin Atlantic confirmed flight VS74 had diverted and said: "We will not tolerate disruptive behaviour by passengers on board any of our aircraft."
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.