Briton arrested after fight on flight
Wednesday 27 October 2010
A UK-bound jumbo jet with 451 passengers aboard had to divert due to a disruptive passenger, it was revealed today.
The Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747 flight from Orlando, in Florida, to Manchester had to put down at Gander in Newfoundland in Canada after the incident.
A 44-year-old Briton was arrested and charged with assault, uttering threats and interfering with air crew, the Canadian authorities said.
It was thought the man had got involved in a bust-up with his wife and father-in-law and had been drinking.
Virgin Atlantic confirmed flight VS74 had diverted and said: "We will not tolerate disruptive behaviour by passengers on board any of our aircraft."
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Paris charity auction staged to save the ancient city of Tyre
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
A very timely Great Train Robbery and a frantic 24 Hours in A&E among the highlights
arts + entsThe 'Friends' actor on his new role as campaigner on addiction issues
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 4 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- 5 Status: Wet - Woman walks off a pier while checking Facebook on her phone
Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
Colin Farrell reveals ‘affair’ with Elizabeth Taylor: 'She was my last romantic relationship'
Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
Devyani Khobragade: India-US row escalates over arrest of diplomat in New York
Peter O'Toole: Tales of the late film icon
- < Previous
- Next >