Buckingham Palace arrest: Man charged after trying to enter Palace gate while carrying a knife
Buckingham Palace said that the Queen was not in the building when the man tried to get in
A man was charged today after he attempted to enter Buckingham Palace while in possession of a knife, police have said.
David Belmar, 44, of North London was charged with trespass on a protected site and possession of an offensive weapon. He was expected to appear in custody at West London Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
The incident happened at around 11.30am at the palace's north centre gate. The knife was discovered when police searched the 44-year-old man.
Buckingham Palace said that the Queen was not in the building when the man tried to get in, but would make no further comment.
In September, police arrested two men over an alleged break-in at the palace - a second man was arrested at the same time on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary.
Less than 48-hours later the Duke of York was confronted by armed guards inside the palace gardens. The officers demanded that Prince Andrew identify himself. They later issued a public apology.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- < Previous
- Next >