Bulger killer returned to jail amid fears of a witch-hunt
Sunday 25 July 2010
Jon Venables's release from prison and subsequent return have caused probation chiefs to warn of a witch-hunt.
The Ministry of Justice announced it will review the handling of his case since his release in 2001. He was convicted in 1993, aged 10, with Robert Thompson for the murder of two-year-old James Bulger.
He was jailed for two years on Friday for down- loading and distributing child porn, and posing as a mother while sharing images with a paedophile. The conviction came amid revelations he had twice been arrested for possessing cocaine and for fighting.
Kensington flat branded ‘uninhabitable’ by estate agent on sale for a bargain £600,000
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >