Clashes as police evict squatters
Wednesday 13 July 2011
Struggles between police and 50 squatters broke out on the streets of Brixton in south London yesterday, as the community were forcefully evicted from the flats they had lived in for 10 years.
One man was arrested after jumping on the specialist officers who moved in on Coldharbour Lane with fire crews at 9am, as Lambeth Council acted to end alleged antisocial behaviour.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- < Previous
- Next >