Coach driver to stand trial over motorway pile-up
Friday 25 May 2012
A coach driver is to stand trial following the death of a man in a motorway pile-up.
Daniel Parr, 24, of Penallt Estate, Llanelly Hill, Abergavenny, appeared at Gloucester Crown Court accused of causing the death of Raymond Vaughan by dangerous driving.
It is alleged Parr was driving a Cardiff to Leeds Megabus dangerously on the northbound M5, near Tewkesbury, when the crash happened on December 12 2010.
The pile-up involved a coach, an articulated lorry and two cars, Gloucestershire Police said at the time of the incident.
The family of Mr Vaughan, 30, from Birmingham, were in the public gallery to hear Parr enter a plea of not guilty.
Judge Jamie Tabor QC listed the trial for five days from June 25.
Boris Johnson claims porn-obsessed Islamic jihadists are 'literally w*****s'
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Putin opponent reveals Russian President's daughter's secret identity
Ball pool for adults opens in London
Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'