Coach driver to stand trial over motorway pile-up
Friday 25 May 2012
A coach driver is to stand trial following the death of a man in a motorway pile-up.
Daniel Parr, 24, of Penallt Estate, Llanelly Hill, Abergavenny, appeared at Gloucester Crown Court accused of causing the death of Raymond Vaughan by dangerous driving.
It is alleged Parr was driving a Cardiff to Leeds Megabus dangerously on the northbound M5, near Tewkesbury, when the crash happened on December 12 2010.
The pile-up involved a coach, an articulated lorry and two cars, Gloucestershire Police said at the time of the incident.
The family of Mr Vaughan, 30, from Birmingham, were in the public gallery to hear Parr enter a plea of not guilty.
Judge Jamie Tabor QC listed the trial for five days from June 25.
The Independent's live blog of today's Premier League action
Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
4Chan naked photos leak: Celebrity Twitter reactions to the mass breach of privacy
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death