Confirmed dead: the woman who embodied multicultural Britain

Click to follow

The 20-year-old from Whitechapel had set out from a dental appointment to the Co-operative Bank in Angel where she worked, but died on the No 30 bus in Tavistock Square.

Born to a devout Muslim family, she attended mosque every Friday, but was also a Westernised young woman who shopped for designer clothes, shoes and handbags. "She would have been filled with anger towards the bombers. She loves London and Britain," said her father, Shamsul.

Other victims of the bus blast were also confirmed yesterday.

The family of Miriam Hyman, 31, a freelance picture editor from Barnet, north London, who died in the bus bomb, paid tribute to a "well-loved" person.

"Miriam was well-loved with friends going back to infant school," the family said. "We would like to thank all those who prayed for her safe return and everyone who gave time and effort to help us in our search."

Ms Hyman was evacuated from a Tube train at King's Cross and phoned her father, John, to say she was fine, but had been advised not to continue her journey to work.

Shyanuja Parathasangary, 30, a Sri Lankan-born postal worker, was going to work at the Royal Mail from the home she shared with her parents and sister, Sindhu. "She did not say anything when she left. She just gave me a sweet smile," said her mother, Ruth.

Police yesterday released the name of William Wise, 54, who is believed to have died on the Tavistock Square bus. He was last heard from at 9.30am on the day of the bombing, travelling on a bus from Euston towards King's Cross station.

Jamie Gordon, 30, a City worker, and Philip Stuart Russell, 28, a financial worker, were earlier identified as victims of the bus bomb.

Two of the victims of the Piccadilly line train bomb near King's Cross were yesterday confirmed as Ciaran Cassidy, 22, and Mihaela Otto, known as Michelle, 46, a dental technician.

Mr Cassidy, from Finsbury Park, north London, was last seen on Thursday morning as he left home to catch a Piccadilly line train to work. He was due to travel to Chancery Lane via Holborn but never arrived. His family has searched every hospital and checked the lists of the injured to no avail. His father, Sean, said: "We have no hope whatsoever."

Ms Otto was dropped off at Mill Hill East station by her sister, Diane Gorodi, at 8am on Thursday. Ms Otto, a Romanian, had recently qualified as a dental technician but did not arrive at her workplace in Chelsea. The two sisters were due to go on holiday to Italy next month.

Jennifer Nicholson, 24, of Bristol, died in the Edgware Road bomb, police said. She worked in London for a music company, having completed a Masters Degree in Advanced Musical Studies at Bristol University. She had lived in Reading for five years.

"She was so lovely, always smiling and joking. She was a really good singer and played the piano very well," said a family friend. Gladys Wyndowa, age 50, from Essex, was confirmed to have died in the bus bomb by police.

Elizabeth Daplyn, 26, of London, is believed to have been aboard the Piccadilly line train on her way to work in the neuro-radiology department of University College Hospital.

Her family said they had given up hope, but her death has not been formally confirmed.

Helen Jones, 28, has not been formally identified but her family said on Sunday that they believed she was killed on the Piccadilly line train.

Fiona Stevenson, 29, a lawyer from London, is also believed to have died in the attacks.