Couple killed 'by arsonists who got wrong house'
Wednesday 30 June 2010
An innocent couple perished in a house fire when four arsonists got the wrong address in a botched honour killing, a court heard. Abdullah Mohammed, 41, and his wife, Aysha, 39, died after an accelerant was poured in their letterbox and set alight.
The killers had been told by Hisamuddin Ibrahim, 21, to avenge his family by setting fire to the home of Mo Ibrahim (no relation) because he had had an affair with the defendant's sister, it was claimed. Instead of firebombing 135 London Road in Blackburn, they started a blaze at 175 London Road, Preston Crown Court heard. Mr Ibrahim, 21, Mohammed Miah, 19, Habib Iqbal, 25, and Sadek Miah, 23, of east London, deny murder and the trial continues.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article