Couple killed 'by arsonists who got wrong house'
Wednesday 30 June 2010
An innocent couple perished in a house fire when four arsonists got the wrong address in a botched honour killing, a court heard. Abdullah Mohammed, 41, and his wife, Aysha, 39, died after an accelerant was poured in their letterbox and set alight.
The killers had been told by Hisamuddin Ibrahim, 21, to avenge his family by setting fire to the home of Mo Ibrahim (no relation) because he had had an affair with the defendant's sister, it was claimed. Instead of firebombing 135 London Road in Blackburn, they started a blaze at 175 London Road, Preston Crown Court heard. Mr Ibrahim, 21, Mohammed Miah, 19, Habib Iqbal, 25, and Sadek Miah, 23, of east London, deny murder and the trial continues.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Follow the latest news and score as Chelsea take on Maribor at Stamford Bridge.
Company reveals $542m investment in start-up building 'a rocket ship for the mind"
Singer says the track was 'force-fed down people's throats'
Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
Oscar de la Renta dead: Legendary US fashion designer dies after long cancer battle aged 82
Oscar Pistorius: The brutal prison life that awaits disgraced athlete
Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
Super-sized ships arrive in Britain: How big can they get?
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters