Couple to face trial on baby murder charge
Tuesday 09 November 2010
A young mother and father will go on trial in May charged with the murder of their four-month-old baby.
Jayden Moses Wray died three days after being admitted to hospital in July last year and was found to have suffered head injuries and multiple fractures.
His father, Rohan Wray, 21, and mother, Chana Al-Alas, 18, of Islington, north London, appeared at the Old Bailey today.
They are each charged with murder and causing or allowing the death of the baby and a four-to-six week trial is due to start on May 3.
Both are on conditional bail and will appear in court again for a plea and case management hearing on November 30.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace