Dale Cregan: Three charged with assisting killer
Saturday 05 October 2013
Three people have been charged with assisting the one-eyed police killer Dale Cregan and others while they were on the run from authorities.
Marvin Herbert, 41, was arrested on Thursday in the Costa del Sol area of Spain and extradited to the UK on Thursday.
He was charged on Friday at Manchester City Magistrates' Court with conspiracy to assist an offender
Herbert, who was born in Liverpool and has lived in London, was detained in custody and will appear at Manchester Crown Court on 18 October.
Raj Mohammed Khan, 41, of Bradford, and Patricia Kelly, 55, of Droylsden, Greater Manchester were charged with the same offence on Friday.
The charges for all three relate to the period between 10 August and 17 September last year when Cregan, Anthony Wilkinson and Jermaine Ward were wanted by police.
Cregan was handed a whole-life sentence in June for the murders of Pc Nicola Hughes and Pc Fiona Bone and father-and-son David and Mark Short.
Additional reporting by Press Association
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Sports Direct security guard allegedly banned Jewish schoolboys and told them: 'No Jews, no Jews'
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Richard III: Two years after his body was found scientists discover how he died
- 1 iPhone 6 review: bigger, thinner, faster, brighter - Apple proves you can make the best better
- 2 Sports Direct security guard allegedly banned Jewish schoolboys and told them: 'No Jews, no Jews'
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 4 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 5 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair