Digger driven into cemetery
Monday 04 July 2011
A man arrested after a digger was driven on a wrecking spree around a village, leaving a trail of destruction, will appear in court tomorrow.
Steven Regan, 34, of Colenso Terrace in Leeds, was detained after the JCB was driven through Church Warsop, near Mansfield, Notts, damaging fields, hedges, vehicles and headstones in a cemetery.
Regan has been charged with a burglary in Leeds, Nottinghamshire Police said.
He will appear at Mansfield Magistrates Court tomorrow.
A spokeswoman said police are awaiting advice from the Crown Prosecution Service on possible further charges.
Yesterday a police spokeswoman said the digger was spotted just before 6pm by a dog section officer who tried to pull the driver over because of the way it was being driven, but he instead drove it into an open field.
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- < Previous
- Next >