Eight-year-old boy killed by reversing car in farm accident
Friday 06 April 2012
An eight-year-old boy has died in a "tragic accident" after he was
apparently hit by a reversing car thought to be driven by his father.
Police said it appears Charles Kimm was struck by a 4x4 car and trailer as it was backing through a gate on a farm.
Emergency services went to the incident but the child died at the scene.
The accident happened on a farm in Wyndales Lodge, Symington, South Lanarkshire, at around 3pm yesterday.
It is believed the family lived there.
Strathclyde Police have launched an inquiry to establish the circumstances around the death, but described it as a tragic accident.
The Health and Safety Executive has been informed and a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
UK weather: Warning for more snow and ice as freezing temperatures and gales hit Britain
Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real