Ex-Lib Dem donor Michael Brown to begin jail term
Tuesday 01 May 2012
Convicted fraudster and former Liberal Democrat donor Michael
Brown has been directed by a judge to start his seven-year jail
sentence, a police spokesman confirmed today.
The multi-millionaire appeared at Southwark Crown Court in central London after arriving back in Britain from Spain last night, a City of London Police spokesman said.
"He has now been sent to serve his seven-year sentence," he said.
Brown received a seven-year jail term in 2008 at Southwark Crown Court in his absence after he fled the UK to the Caribbean.
He was arrested in January in the Dominican Republic and flown to Spain last month.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories