Ex-soap star denies killing doorman
Saturday 09 July 2011
A former soap star has denied murdering a nightclub doorman.
Brian Regan, 53, who played Terry Sullivan in the Channel 4 drama Brookside, appeared via video-link at Liverpool Crown Court, charged with the murder of Bahman Faraji.
Mr Faraji, 44, who had a child, was shot dead as he left the Belgrave pub in Aigburth, Liverpool, where he had been out with friends on 24 February.
Mr Regan, who appeared in Brookside for 14 years, also pleaded not guilty, along with Christine Line, 48, of perverting justice.
The trial continues.
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
Fifa corruption arrests: How Chuck Blazer rinsed money from the beautiful game
Fifa corruption live: Uefa to consider pulling teams from Fifa tournaments if Blatter stays
Ukip MP Douglas Carswell says he felt his safety was 'seriously at risk' after he was surrounded by anti-austerity protesters
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 3 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 4 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
- 5 Paracetamol Challenge: Mother of girl killed by overdose pleads with teenagers not to take part