Ex-teacher jailed for sex abuse
Saturday 04 May 2013
A former teacher has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for sexually abusing two boys in the 1970s.
Colin York, 62, from Farnham in Hampshire was found guilty at Guildford Crown Court on six counts of sexual abuse against the boys who were aged nine and 10 at the time, Surrey Police said.
The offences took place in Reigate in Surrey.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Trudie Harrison said: "York was a respected member of society who abused the trust people placed in him.
"I hope this sentence sends out a clear message to people like him that no matter how old the allegation is we will carry out a thorough investigation in an attempt to bring offenders to justice.
"I would like to praise the two victims for the bravery that they have shown throughout the investigation and subsequent court case and although this sentence will never undo the damage York caused it will make sure people are protected from him for some time."
Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'