Family's plot to kill their 'grandad', 89
Thursday 11 August 2011
A family, including a girl aged 16, was found guilty yesterday of plotting to murder their 89-year-old relative to get their hands on his money.
The pensioner's adopted daughter, 49, her daughter, then 15, her son, 19, and his girlfriend, 17, planned the attack at his bungalow in a village near Winchester, Hampshire, on 15 November last year.
The man was lured outside his home by his daughter pretending to have fallen over. He was then knocked to the ground by the son and hit with bricks by the two girls. The man, who suffers from memory problems, survived. Another daughter, aged 14, was found guilty of wounding with intent. They are all due to be sentenced today at Winchester Crown Court.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran