Fears for drowned girl's boyfriend
Wednesday 31 August 2011
Police investigating the death of a 17-year-old girl who was found washed up on a beach are growing "increasingly concerned" for her boyfriend.
Hayley Holmes was found on a beach in Wirral, Merseyside, on Monday. A post-mortem examination established the cause of death as drowning.
Police are looking for Robbie Crofts, 21, who was last seen by his parents at around 8pm on Sunday. Officers believe the couple spent the day together.
A pair of women's sandals and a pair of men's trainers were found close to where Hayley's body was discovered, along with a mobile phone. Detectives "strongly believe" the trainers and phone belong to Mr Crofts and the sandals were Hayley's.
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims