Final victims of the blasts to be named as inquests draw to close

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Scotland Yard confirmed yesterday that Anna Brandt, Richard Gray, Ihab Slimane and Lee Harris were among the 56 dead - a total that includes the four bombers.

Inquests were opened on Mr Slimane, Mr Gray and Elizabeth Daplyn, 26, an administrator from north London. The last 11 inquests are due to be opened and adjourned at St Pancras coroner's court today, revealing the identity of the final three known victims.

Police confirmed that Ms Brandt, a 41-year-old Polish cleaner of Wood Green, died on the Piccadilly line. Her brother, Pawel Iskrzynski, said: "We have lost our dearest Anna... this is a very hard time for us."

Among the others confirmed dead were Mr Gray, 41, a "wonderful, loving father" of two, a tax manager from Ipswich.

Police also named Mr Harris, 30, who died nine days after the bombings, which also killed his partner, Samantha Badham.

Another confirmation was the 24-year-old French-Tunisian IT student Mr Slimane. The "gentle, studious" 24-year-old was learning English while working as a waiter.

The family of Carrie Taylor, 24, from Essex, who was confirmed dead on Monday, said they had been holding out hope until the formal identification. "We never gave up hope she could be one of the injured who was unrecognisable."