Fire crew remove window to free 'trapped burglar'
A suspected burglar was left dangling today when he got stuck as he tried to climb through a window.
Firefighters had to remove the window frame at the house in east London to rescue the man who had been trapped for some time.
Police were called to the home in Tomlins Grove, Bow, after the householder spotted the man's head and upper body poking through the window.
His legs were still dangling outside and it appeared his bottom had prevented the man from squeezing through completely.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "At 7.30am we were called to reports of a male found stuck in a downstairs window at a house in Tomlins Grove, Bow.
"It appears the resident had come down and found the man. He was stuck half in, half out.
"The man was eventually freed by London Fire Brigade who apparently removed the window frame.
"The man, aged 36, was unhurt and has been arrested on suspicion of burglary."
The incident is being investigated by police at Bethnal Green.
A spokeswoman for London Fire Brigade said: "We were called at 8.09am this morning and the incident was over by 8.37am.
"There were two crews from Bow Fire Station at the scene.
"We were just assisting the police."
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 4 California man Christopher Viatafa surrenders to police after googling own name and discovering himself listed as ‘most wanted’
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers