Fire victim's stepfather arrested
Monday 03 October 2011
A man who battled to rescue his two-year-old stepdaughter from a blazing van has been arrested in connection with the fire at a farm.
Isobel Dobson died after being trapped in the vehicle when fire broke out at the farm near Wakefield, West Yorkshire, on Friday evening. Isobel's mother and her stepfather rescued their one-year-old daughter from the van but were beaten back by the flames as they tried to save the second little girl.
Yesterday, West Yorkshire Police said a 37-year-old man from Wakefield was being questioned in connection with the fire, which is now being treated as suspicious.
A spokesman said: "Inquiries into the cause of the fire, which is now being treated as suspicious, are ongoing and a joint investigation is being carried out by West Yorkshire Police and West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service."
Emergency services were called to the fire at about 5.30pm on Friday and found a van and two barns ablaze.
Ten fire engines were at the scene at the height of the blaze.
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God