Former WBO heavyweight champion Herbie Hide in court over cocaine sting
Former champ was caught by an undercover journalist
A former boxing world champion has appeared in court accused of conspiring to supply cocaine.
Herbie Hide, 41, was caught in a sting operation by The Sun newspaper.
The prosecution alleges that he and another man, Ben Sharman, agreed to supply £400 worth of cocaine to an undercover journalist between January 29 and February 2.
The two-time WBO heavyweight champion appeared at Norwich Crown Court today wearing a grey tracksuit but did not enter a plea.
Sharman, 22, of Howe Lane, Poringland, near Norwich, has also been charged with conspiracy to supply the Class A drug.
His barrister, Claire Matthews, requested more time for her client to consider his case, which was adjourned until July 11.
Hide was released on unconditional bail, while Sharman was remanded in custody.
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student