Four held over clubber's death
Four men were arrested on suspicion of murder this morning over the death of a man involved in a disturbance at a busy nightclub.
The 41-year-old victim was injured at the Liquid and Diva nightclub in Raven Meadows, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, and taken to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital at around 12.20am this morning.
He died a short time later.
Police detained the four men, who are in custody at Shrewsbury police station, and cordoned off the venue while inquiries continue.
A Home Office post-mortem was expected later today.
Detective Inspector Gavin Kinrade, of West Mercia Police, said: "Police attended the nightclub following a report of an incident which happened on the steps and in the foyer area at the entrance, shortly before 12.30am this morning.
"We are appealing for witnesses who saw what took place or the circumstances leading up to it.
"The club was busy at the time, with more than 200 people in attendance. It is vital to this inquiry that anyone who saw any part of this incident should contact Shrewsbury police station on 0300 333 3000 as a matter of urgency."
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...