Four held over clubber's death
Four men were arrested on suspicion of murder this morning over the death of a man involved in a disturbance at a busy nightclub.
The 41-year-old victim was injured at the Liquid and Diva nightclub in Raven Meadows, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, and taken to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital at around 12.20am this morning.
He died a short time later.
Police detained the four men, who are in custody at Shrewsbury police station, and cordoned off the venue while inquiries continue.
A Home Office post-mortem was expected later today.
Detective Inspector Gavin Kinrade, of West Mercia Police, said: "Police attended the nightclub following a report of an incident which happened on the steps and in the foyer area at the entrance, shortly before 12.30am this morning.
"We are appealing for witnesses who saw what took place or the circumstances leading up to it.
"The club was busy at the time, with more than 200 people in attendance. It is vital to this inquiry that anyone who saw any part of this incident should contact Shrewsbury police station on 0300 333 3000 as a matter of urgency."
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
German chancellor Angela Merkel named most powerful woman in the world by Forbes - again
World news in pictures
Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.