Four held over India shooting are bailed
Four men arrested on suspicion of murdering a high-profile public figure in India have been released on bail, police said today.
West Midlands Police said the men, who were detained yesterday in connection with the death of Rulda Singh, had now been freed on conditional bail pending further inquiries.
The suspects were arrested at their homes in Wolverhampton, Coventry and Smethwick, near Birmingham, as part of inquiries taking place in both the UK and India.
Mr Singh, who was in his early 60s, died a fortnight after being shot outside his home in Patiala, in the Punjab, on July 29 last year.
Detective Superintendent George Tracey, of the West Midlands counter-terrorism unit, said: "The investigation into the murder of Mr Singh is a complex one, and further complicated by the fact that it took place overseas.
"We have further investigations to conduct here and in the Punjab.
"We are continuing to work very closely with the Indian authorities with the clear intention of bringing the offenders to justice."
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked