Four people bailed over death of 63-year-old cyclist
Sunday 11 August 2013
Four people arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a 63-year-old cyclist have been bailed pending further inquiries.
John Reeder, of Pontypool, Torfaen, suffered head injuries after falling off his bike in George Street, Pontnewynydd, early on Wednesday.
Three men, aged 18, 19 and 23, and a 19-year-old woman were arrested the following day and on Friday officers were granted an extra 36 hours to detain them for further questioning.
A Gwent Police spokeswoman said all four had now been released on bail pending further enquiries until October.
"We are continuing to investigate the death," she added.
"And we are still continuing to appeal for witnesses into the Wednesday's incident. We want to hear from pedestrians and motorists who passed the scene between 6am and 6.10am."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Gwent Police on 01633 838111, quoting log number 73 7/8/13.
Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'