Four quizzed after man dies of stomach wound
From the blogs
Standing by her makeshift tent in the unofficial camp of Baynjan , northern Iraq, Nasrin showed me t...
David Prior's very personal reason for thinkg that investigators need appropriate expertise
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
As a reluctant vegetarian (so reluctant that I'm not vegetarian at all) and a reluctant risotto eate...
Four men were being held on suspicion of murder today after a young man was fatally wounded at his home.
The 23-year-old victim, who has not been named, died from a single puncture wound to his stomach, a post-mortem examination found.
Police officers and paramedics were called to his home in Elliman Avenue, Slough, Berkshire, at around 6.30pm on Tuesday.
The victim was admitted to Wexham Park Hospital where he was pronounced dead more than an hour later, Thames Valley Police said.
Four men, aged 23, 26 and two aged 30, were arrested shortly afterwards and are being held in police custody for questioning.
Three men are from the Slough area and the fourth is from west London. All four are believed to have known the victim, police disclosed.
Det Supt Rob Mason, who is leading the murder investigation, said house to house inquiries have been conducted in the area.
He appealed for anyone who has information who has not already spoken to officers to contact police as soon as possible.
The victim has not been formally identified but members of his family have been told of his death, he added.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Thames Valley Police on 0845 8 505 505, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
In pictures: Saturn images from Cassini probe as it prepares to turn lens towards Earth
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
FBI finds possible human remains at former home of late gangster James Burke - the man who inspired Goodfellas
'Theres something quite unpleasant going on': Nigel Farage confronted for second time on visit to Scotland
World news in pictures