Fourth teenager arrested after 'vicious' railway station attack
A fourth teenager has been arrested by detectives investigating a serious assault at a railway station which left a 16-year-old boy critically ill, British Transport Police (BTP) said today.
Police said they were trying to establish what led up to the "vicious attack" near the taxi rank at Sheerness railway station in Kent on Thursday evening.
A fourth teenager was arrested overnight in connection with the attack, and all the suspects have been freed on bail until early December pending further inquiries.
Det Supt Ashley Croft, the senior investigating officer, said the victim, who has not been named, returned home after the attack but was later taken to hospital by his father.
Due to the seriousness of his injuries, he was immediately transferred to a London hospital.
The injured youth, from Sheerness, underwent surgery and last night he was in a critical condition.
Describing it as a "vicious attack", Det Supt Croft appealed for anyone with information to call BTP on 0800 40 50 40, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson