Gun gang tie woman up in home raid
Thursday 28 March 2013
A woman is recovering after being tied up and held at gunpoint by masked burglars.
The gang entered the house in Dromboy South, Carrignavar, Co Cork, at around 9.30pm last night.
Three men - wearing balaclavas and gloves - bound the woman, who is in her 50s, before demanding cash.
She was home alone at the time of the incident.
One of the men was armed with a shotgun.
The woman was said to be uninjured but shaken by the ordeal.
The gang made off with a sum of cash.
Gardai in Glanmire said they are investigating the aggravated burglary.
They have appealed for witnesses who may have been in the vicinity of Carrignavar between 9pm and midnight to contact them.
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders