Harry Potter actor is jailed
Wednesday 21 March 2012
An actor in the Harry Potter films was jailed for two years yesterday for his part in the London riots.
Jamie Waylett, 22, who played the bully Vincent Crabbe, was found guilty of violent disorder at Wood Green Crown Court in north London. He had already admitted swigging from a stolen bottle of champagne, but the jury cleared him of intending to destroy or damage property with a petrol bomb he was filmed holding.
Waylett, from Hampstead, was with a gang of at least four people in Chalk Farm on 8 August.
Judge Simon Carr sentenced him to two years for violent disorder and 12 months for handling stolen goods, to run concurrently.
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition