Ian Brady accused of assaulting female nurse
Friday 26 August 2011
The Moors murderer Ian Brady is to be questioned by police after allegedly assaulting a nurse.
Brady, 73, is accused of using a jug to threaten the woman during an incident on 6 July at Ashworth Hospital, Merseyside. The alleged assault was not sexual and resulted in no injury, but the 51-year-old nurse was said to have been left distressed and later reported the incident to bosses at the high-security hospital.
Sources said they believed Brady had been walking along holding a jug and during the incident with the nurse, the jug may have "brushed" the nurse, because Brady "gesticulates" a lot. But Richard Nicholas, a solicitor acting for Brady, said the killer had denied any wrongdoing.
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity