Investigation into custody illness
Saturday 13 August 2011
The police watchdog is investigating after a man in custody fell seriously ill.
The 24-year-old was arrested by British Transport Police at Northwick Park Tube station in north-west London on Wednesday on suspicion of possessing a Class B drug and an offensive weapon. He was taken to Wembley Park police station but became ill and was taken to hospital. The illness has not been specified.
Commissioner Sarah Green, from the Independent Police Complaints Commission, said: "We have met with members of the man's family ... and we will seek answers to the important questions they no doubt have."
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader