Jigsaw killer 'cut up four other bodies'
Tuesday 02 February 2010
Police are to investigate after a man who murdered his flatmate and dumped his body parts across two counties told a court that he had dismembered four more corpses.
Stephen Marshall, 38, made the confession, via his lawyer, as he was sentenced for the murder of Jeffrey Howe, a 49-year-old kitchen salesman whom Marshall killed, cut up and then buried his body parts in various rural locations across Hertfordshire and Leicestershire. Marshall was branded "pure evil" by the judge who sentenced him to 36 years.
His girlfriend Sarah Bush, 21, was jailed for three years and nine months for perverting the course of justice after she travelled with him to dispose of the body parts.
Yesterday, Marshall's lawyer, Peter Doyle, told the court that while working as a nightclub doorman in London, Marshall had explained to him how he had assisted with the dismemberment of four unknown males who had been killed by others.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film