Jury discharged in Aamir Siddiqi stab murder case
Friday 23 December 2011
The jury in the trial of two men accused of killing a teenager has been discharged.
A-level student Aamir Siddiqi was stabbed to death on the doorstep of his home in Cardiff last year.
The 17-year-old's parents were also injured in the attack.
Ben Hope, 38, and Jason Richards, 37, were standing trial at Cardiff Crown Court charged with the murder of Aamir and the attempted murder of his parents.
Both men, who are from the Welsh capital, had denied the charges.
Today Mr Justice Roderick Evans discharged the jury for legal reasons.
A South Wales Police spokesman said: "The prosecution team will focus on preparing for the re-trial and South Wales Police will continue to support the Siddiqi family."
Aamir died of stab injuries after he was attacked on 11 April, 2010, at his home in Roath.
His father Iqbal, 68, and mother Parveen, 55, rushed to their son's aid before being injured themselves.
A hearing on the case is scheduled to take place at Cardiff Crown Court on February 10 next year.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson