Life is 'meaningless' for murdered teen's family
The family of a teenager stabbed to death on Boxing Day spoke of their heartbreak yesterday at the loss of "a very special" brother and son, as police investigating the murder made more arrests.
Seydou Diarrassouba, 18, from Mitcham, south London, was killed on Oxford Street after a fight broke out at a Foot Locker sports-shoe store.
His family said in a statement that "life seems meaningless" without him. "All we can say is, 'Why?' He had so much consideration for others. We want Seydou to be remembered as the loving, down-to-earth, respectful and charismatic young man he was."
Police launched raids around London aimed at suspected gang members. They arrested 13 people for a range of suspected offences. Earlier this week 11 people were arrested and bailed.
Commander Mak Chishty said: "We were aware of rising tensions in the wake of the murder and felt it vital we take robust and prompt action."
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat