Man admits Christmas Eve murder of church organist Alan Greaves
Friday 07 June 2013
A man has admitted murdering a church organist who was attacked on Christmas Eve.
Jonathan Bowling, 22, pleaded guilty to murdering Alan Greaves when he appeared at Sheffield Crown Court today, court officials said.
Mr Greaves, 68, was beaten in the street as he made his way from his home in High Green, Sheffield, to midnight mass at nearby St Saviour's Church, in December.
Ashley Foster, 21, continues to deny murder and will go on trial later this month.
Bowling was told he will be sentenced later.
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel