Man admits Christmas Eve murder of church organist Alan Greaves
Friday 07 June 2013
A man has admitted murdering a church organist who was attacked on Christmas Eve.
Jonathan Bowling, 22, pleaded guilty to murdering Alan Greaves when he appeared at Sheffield Crown Court today, court officials said.
Mr Greaves, 68, was beaten in the street as he made his way from his home in High Green, Sheffield, to midnight mass at nearby St Saviour's Church, in December.
Ashley Foster, 21, continues to deny murder and will go on trial later this month.
Bowling was told he will be sentenced later.
The Independent's live blog of today's Premier League action
Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
4Chan naked photos leak: Celebrity Twitter reactions to the mass breach of privacy
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death