Man admits Wembley killing of fan
Tuesday 15 November 2011
A 41-year old man today admitted killing a Wales football fan who died from head injuries outside Wembley Stadium.
Ian Mytton, of Gately Close, Redditch, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Michael Dye, the Old Bailey heard.
Mr Dye died from blunt force trauma to the back of his head.
The injury was inflicted before the England football team's Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales on September 6.
Appearing in court via video link from jail, Mytton admitted the manslaughter of Mr Dye, a Cardiff City fan.
The 44-year old was taken to Northwick Park Hospital after suffering a fractured skull on a concourse next to the stadium, in north-west London, at 7.20pm, but died shortly after his arrival.
Mr Dye, known to many as Mikey, was a long-time Cardiff City fan who wrote about the Bluebirds on the Cardiff City Forum internet site.
He worked in the highways department of Cardiff Council.
Mytton will be sentenced at the Old Bailey on December 21.
Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
How China's richest man Li Hejun lost $15bn in an hour - and made a fortune
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises