Man appears in court accused of pretending to be brother of murdered businesswoman Carole Waugh
A man appeared in court today accused of pretending to be the brother of murdered businesswoman Carole Waugh in an attempt to sell her flat while she was missing.
Nicholas Kutner, 47, who appeared via videolink from a south London police station, is also alleged to have collected thousands of pounds by renting out the flat of Ms Waugh, whose body was found on Thursday inside a car parked in a garage in New Malden, southwest London.
He is also accused along with another man of withdrawing money from her account.
Mr Kutner, who was wearing a short-sleeve shirt, sat behind his barrister Gerard Hillman and spoke only to confirm his name and date of birth after he was charged on Saturday with four counts of fraud.
He was arrested at Luton Airport last week after flying in from a holiday in Majorca. Police are still investigating the murder of Ms Waugh, 50, who was last seen by her family in April. A postmortem revealed she suffered a single stab wound.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh