Man arrested after woman found stabbed
Tuesday 27 December 2011
A man was arrested on suspicion of murder today after a woman was stabbed to death, police said.
Merseyside Police were called to a disturbance at an address in Waltham Road, Anfield, Liverpool, at around 3.30am where officers found the victim with a single stab wound to the abdomen.
The woman, 42, who has not been named, was taken to hospital where she later died.
A 33-year-old man was held at the scene and arrested on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody for questioning.
Police said the house was sealed off for forensic examinations and house-to-house inquiries were taking place.
Any witnesses to the incident should call Merseyside Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >