Man arrested after woman shot dead
Monday 19 September 2011
A murder inquiry is under way after a woman was found shot dead on remote farmland, police said.
Devon and Cornwall Police made the grim discovery after being called to a remote property, near Parracombe in north Devon, to reports of a domestic incident.
A man in his 50s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
The force said it was not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident, having been called to the property at around 5.40pm yesterday.
"On arrival police found the body of a woman aged in her forties in the grounds of the property having sustained apparent gunshot wounds," a force spokesman said.
"A man in his 50s was located and arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder.
"Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.
"The premises remains cordoned off and police crime scene investigators are at the scene conducting a forensic examination."
Top 20 misconceptions people believe are true
Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
Head transplant: man will be attached to new body in under an hour and aim is immortality, doctor says
Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 4 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'