Man arrested in connection with burglaries during which women were sexually assaulted while they slept
Sunday 07 April 2013
Police have arrested a man in connection with two burglaries during which women were sexually assaulted as they slept.
The 26-year-old, from Bicester, Oxfordshire, was arrested on suspicion of burglary and sexual assault and is currently in police custody.
It followed two incidents on the Southwold estate in Bicester early yesterday morning, when two homes were broken into by a man, items stolen and women in both houses reported being sexually assaulted.
The man ran off after the women woke up, Thames Valley Police said.
A 21-year-old woman has also been arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods. She is also in police custody.
University of Cambridge: Remains of 1,300 scholars are found under building
April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
April Fools' Day 2015 live: The best pranks and fake stories from around the world
Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
Jeremy Clarkson 'could be given minder' ahead of a potential Top Gear return
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet