Man arrested in connection with murder of prison officer David Black
Wednesday 07 November 2012
Police investigating the murder of prison officer David Black have made another arrest.
The married father of two was gunned down in a high-speed motorway ambush last Thursday as he drove to work at Maghaberry prison in Co Antrim.
Yesterday Mr Black's family denounced his killers as cowards during his funeral in Cookstown, Co Tyrone.
A Police Service of Northern Ireland spokesman said: "Detectives investigating the murder of David Black on the M1 motorway on Thursday November 1 have arrested a 46-year-old man in the Lurgan area."
He has been taken to Antrim police station for questioning.
President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
Downfall of Dustin 'Screech' Diamond, the 'Saved By The Bell' star charged with bar stabbing
Syrian teenager Usaid Barho reveals how he escaped from Isis using a suicide vest
Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals