Man arrested in connection with murder of prison officer David Black
Wednesday 07 November 2012
Police investigating the murder of prison officer David Black have made another arrest.
The married father of two was gunned down in a high-speed motorway ambush last Thursday as he drove to work at Maghaberry prison in Co Antrim.
Yesterday Mr Black's family denounced his killers as cowards during his funeral in Cookstown, Co Tyrone.
A Police Service of Northern Ireland spokesman said: "Detectives investigating the murder of David Black on the M1 motorway on Thursday November 1 have arrested a 46-year-old man in the Lurgan area."
He has been taken to Antrim police station for questioning.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins